Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hey there!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  I have off tomorrow for Columbus Day, so technically my weekend isn't yet over.  I had a pretty busy weekend, but somehow managed to not really take any pictures.  It's been kind of dull and dreary, not the best conditions for taking photos with a crappy camera.

Our town had its Market Day on Saturday.  The boys and I walked downtown, despite a bit of drizzle, and had a fun time.  There was a fire truck with its ladder extended, a barrel train, and someone in a Nittany lion costume handing out balloons, so Oscar was pretty excited.  There were vendors, lot of good food, and we ran into lots of people we knew.  We returned for lunch with my mom.

On Saturday evening I had dinner, drinks, and frozen yogurt with a dear friend.  You know those friends you just adore, but somehow manage to only see once every few months?  Meghan is definitely one of those friends.  I always have so much fun catching up and chatting with her.  I'm pretty certain I talked her ear off and when I got home, I realized that I barely gave her a chance to speak.  If you're reading this Meghan, sorry!  I had such a great night!

Today we went to a celebration for my great granny's 100th birthday.  That's her and my grandmother in the picture below.  I have a pretty big extended family and I don't get to see them very often.  I don't get to see my granny that often, for that matter.  I love my family and was excited to get together and celebrate this important milestone.  My boys had so much fun running around like little crazy people on the stage where the party was held.  They tossed balloons around and totally ate up the attention of anyone who walked by.  I got to talk with family members I haven't seen in years and introduce my boys to many of them for the first time. 

Granny was over having her picture taken.  She just wanted to enjoy her watermelon!  Also, how beautiful does my grandma look?!  Definitely where I get my youthful good looks!  Haha!

It was pretty much impossible to get these two to pose for any pictures!


I am looking forward to doing absolutely nothing tomorrow!  I think the boys and I will stay home, probably in our pajamas, and just enjoy a lazy day!   





1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're so sweet! Thanks for the shout out! I had a BLAST with you, too! :) TOTALLY still thinking about those amazing fried pickles...

    ReplyDelete