Friday, October 12, 2012

The Little Things




This week has been a good one.  There hasn't been anything too big that's happened, but there have been lots of little things.  I found this quote today that I thought was great.  Life is so hectic sometimes that we forget to be thankful for the little things.  Well I'm slowing things down today and giving thanks for all the seemingly small things.  Here's a list of little things that have played a big part in making this week so great.

  • An amazing thrift find that I will be sharing soon
  • My grandma giving my blog a shoutout on Facebook and saying she's proud of me (She is the best!!)
  • Lunches with a coworker who I have missed dearly
  • Doctor Who (This always makes me happy!)
  • Coffee, lots and lots of coffee
  • Receiving a package full of jars of flavored peanut butters (More to follow soon!)
  • Oscar telling me he loves me to the moon and back
  • Froyo dates with one of the sweetest gals
  • My mother in law quickly coming through to watch the boys so that froyo date would be possible
  • Audio messages from my best Aussie mate
  • Being able to wear jeans to work all week
  • Sweater weather
  • Both boys napping simultaneously and actually falling asleep before bedtime
  • Great workouts
  • A really good counseling session
By the end of the week, I will have an even longer list.  My brother is home this week and is coming over for dinner tomorrow.  I'm making the chili I posted earlier.  I get to spend Saturday with a really awesome bunch of people making a fun Halloween craft and eating yummy food.  And I will get to spend Sunday with my guys.  Does it get any better than that?!

2 comments:

  1. Mighty oaks from little acorns grow...
    Never overlook the smallest of things that bring you joy...

    ReplyDelete