Thursday, May 16, 2013

Exploring ~ Part Two

This house was probably my favorite.  I think that because I could get a really clear view of the inside, I could imagine it in its former glory.  It was probably a really lovely house.  There were at least two fireplaces and look at the built in shelves! 





I pass this house almost every day and have wanted to stop for ages.  Like all the other houses, I want to know this house's story.  I'm sure the reasons these houses are empty are much less romantic than the stories I imagine about them.  This house is pretty well boarded up, but there is one window that I could look in.  I'm sure others have done more than just look, but I certainly wasn't climbing in there alone!  It's hard to tell from the picture, but this is the house where I think there's a piano.  It's right inside the window, to the left.







3 comments:

  1. these photos are so beautiful!! I think I know where that last house is! We turn on that road to go to one of Kurtis's friends houses, and I always wonder about it because of all the ivy growing all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cool. I've always wanted to do this (well in Oklahoma at least...I don't see houses run down where I live lol)...I once lived by a house that looked like this but I was too chicken to ever check it out LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. My dad used to go to abandoned houses and reclaim hardware and other goods. He got in trouble for it once...and had my little brother with him who was like, 12 at the time. haha. These are such beautiful houses and probably have so many stories to tell...if walls could talk.

    ReplyDelete