Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Exploring ~ Part One

On Mother's Day I got the chance to photograph some of the old abandoned houses we've passed on our drives.  I took a lot of photos, so I'm going to break them up into a few posts.  I think there's something so sad and so lovely about these decaying buildings littered with the former inhabitants' belongings and the trash of people who have passed through.  I always wonder how the house ended up in that state and how people could just leave things behind.  I'm almost certain there was a piano inside of the houses!  Some of these houses have been vacant for as long as I can remember and the first one I'm going to share was really just a shell.  This is the only house that I actually went inside of and the only one safe enough for Oscar to come along, but I don't think it really counts since there isn't even a floor or roof!  I'm kind of getting the itch to go back to some of the other houses and actually venture inside, but that is technically breaking the law (no trespassing signs are posted on most of the houses) and I'm scared of things like crazy squatters and ghosts!










No comments:

Post a Comment