Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July Crafternoon

This month's crafternoon came only a few weeks after June's, so it felt like they were extra close together. That was alright, though, since they were related to each other.  Last month we dyed yarn and this month we learned (or attempted to learn) how to knit and crochet.  We started by spinning our yarn into a lovely neat little ball.  You can see the fancy little contraption we used in the photos below!  I'll be totally honest, this was the only part I could manage to do and enjoy.  We started out trying to knit.  Trying is really the operative word here, because I just could not seem to get it.  I'm going to blame it on a combination of my left-handedness and my bad attitude about the whole thing!  Next up was crocheting.  I'd love to show off some amazing finished scarf, but I did two awkward rows and called it quits.  I guess I won't be crowned master of all crafts anytime soon, but at least I can say I tried.  And I have some pretty pastel colored yarn to likely use for some craft projects using glue.  That's much more my level!


No comments:

Post a Comment