Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

The boys and I spent the weekend at my grandparent's house, our favorite weekend getaway.  We had such a great weekend, complete with a parade, a large outdoor flea market, lots of playtime, and a walk in the woods that ended with a visit to my grandparent's fat little goat.

My grandparents have the best view from their back porch.  It was especially pretty, since all the leaves are changing to shades of orange and yellow.
On Saturday, we went to watch a parade that's part of a fall folk festival.  Oscar was pretty interested in the entire parade, but Ben got sleepy and ended up going for a walk with my Aunt Jan, Grandma Jan to the boys.
 Oscar and his cousin, Liam, had buckets ready to collect any candy being thrown by people in the parade.
The boys learned pretty quickly that by waving to the people in the parade, they would be more noticeable.  That guaranteed more candy!
 The parade was full of classic cars, cool old steam engines, and more tractors than can shake a stick at!
I wish I had gotten a better picture of this old food truck, because it was my second favorite part of the parade!  Here was my favorite...
It took everything I had not to run over to these little guys and give them hugs and snuggles!  These sweet horses are further proof that everything is cuter in miniature form!
After the parade, we headed to a big flea market.  Oscar got this awesome hat and a bike horn.  I picked up some gloves, a few vintage magazines, and a set of Pyrex mixing bowls.  Ben slept the whole time, so he missed out.
Before dinner on Sunday, we went for a walk, visited with Bulldog, and enjoyed the sunshine and cool fall air.  The boys had fun finding pretty flowers and leaves and when Ben got a little fussy, Oscar comforted him. 

This week is shaping up to be a busy one, so it's nice to look back at our easy weekend.  Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!


No comments:

Post a Comment