Monday, October 15, 2012

Musical Monday

I am not consistent at all in each day's content theme on this blog, but I try to keep Mondays musical related.  If I was really ambitious, I would start a music blog, but I don't have time for that so one weekly post about music is as close as I get.  Instead of making a playlist this week, though, I'm posting some videos that I really like.  I know nobody watches videos anymore, but bands still make them and I still watch them online.  I know I'm not the only one who still enjoys them.  Here are a few that I like.  What are some of your favorites?

Our Deal by Best Coast
I like videos that tell a story and this one happens to feature a bunch of good looking kids you may recognize.  There's the cute girl from Arrested Development, the cute girl from Kick Ass, iCarly, and Donald Glover.  Yes I could have used the other people's name, but I feel like Donald Glover is the only person ever worth mentioning.  Have you listened to his songs or watched him on Community?  If so, you know what I'm talking about.

Dirty Boots by Sonic Youth
I've previously mentioned my love for Sonic Youth.  I loved this video the first time I saw it as a teenager and I think I still enjoy it now, because it makes me get all nostalgic. 

Rave On by M. Ward
I've really enjoyed all of the M. Ward's videos I've seen.  So many of them are beautifully animated.  If you like this song, check out his other videos.

Goods (All In Your Head) by Mates of State
This isn't the official video for this awesome song, although that video is great too.  At some point, the band held a contest and this was one of the entries.  This video is the best!

Mushaboom by Feist
This video is adorable and Peaches is in it.  Enough said.



No comments:

Post a Comment