- 1 small bag frozen corn or 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar medium salsa (feel free to up the heat)
- 3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 8oz block cream cheese (I use the fat free kind)
- Your favorite tortilla chips or veggies for dipping
1. Place everything except the cream cheese in a large crock pot and cook on low for about six hours. I don't think the placement really matters, but I usually put the chicken in first and then cover it with the rest of the ingredients. Also, I always end up letting this cook for more than six hours. That would be the minimum. I know I'm being a little vague with directions, but it's not really something you can screw up.
2. Shred the chicken.
3. Stir in the cream cheese until it's fully melted and mixed in. I find that it's easier to mix the cream cheese in if you cut it into small pieces first.
4. Enjoy! This is so easy, but I promise it's super tasty!
* My aunt makes this and uses canned chicken instead of the chicken breasts. If you're in a hurry, this works well.