Saturday, November 3, 2012

Chicken Nacho Dip

I've said it before, I really love my crock pot.  It's just so easy and makes everything taste so yummy!  This is my favorite easy dish to make for family get togethers and is something that I will make in the beginning of the week and then snack on all week long.  Chicken is really the only meat I eat and preparing it in the crock pot is the best!  I'm almost embarrassed to call this an actual recipe, because it's so easy.  I made this on Sunday night, in preparation for the storm, and we ate it all day Monday.  We ate it so quickly that I forgot to take pictures, but I make it often enough that I was able to find another picture of it.  It's not really that pretty to look at, but I like visuals!  This is another one of those dishes that you can add to or switch out ingredients, but here's how we usually make it.  I adapted this recipe from Real Mom Kitchen.  You can find the original here


  • 1 small bag frozen corn or 1 can of corn, drained
  • 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 jar medium salsa (feel free to up the heat)
  • 3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 8oz block cream cheese (I use the fat free kind)
  • Your favorite tortilla chips or veggies for dipping

1. Place everything except the cream cheese in a large crock pot and cook on low for about six hours.  I don't think the placement really matters, but I usually put the chicken in first and then cover it with the rest of the ingredients.  Also, I always end up letting this cook for more than six hours.  That would be the minimum.  I know I'm being a little vague with directions, but it's not really something you can screw up.

2. Shred the chicken.

3. Stir in the cream cheese until it's fully melted and mixed in.  I find that it's easier to mix the cream cheese in if you cut it into small pieces first.

4. Enjoy!  This is so easy, but I promise it's super tasty!

* My aunt makes this and uses canned chicken instead of the chicken breasts.  If you're in a hurry, this works well.



No comments:

Post a Comment