Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catching Up!

I'm at home today battling a cold or allergies or whatever else makes a person super congested and weak.  I sound like Phoebe on that episode of Friends where she's sick and sings the song about her sticky shoes.  If I could play the guitar, I could take up a gig at a local coffee shop for some extra money.  I can't even pretend to play the guitar, so I'll stay on the couch watching recorded shows about the paranormal until I get scared enough to turn every light in the house on.  I was lucky enough to have my mom here with the boys this morning and she has now taken them to my dad's, so I can continue resting. 

I really hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving or Thursday, if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving.  I would say that it was a really quiet and lovely long weekend for us, but that would be partially lying.  Our boys have been the most rotten little things lately, getting into everything and responding no or uh-uh to every question and command.  There's a whole list of casualties for which Ben is responsible- ornaments, a vase, a platter, my patience.  I've made several "calls" to Santa and shed a few tears, but we did still manage to have some fun.

We got most of our Christmas decorating done and I will share some pictures as soon as I find my camera.  Oops!  The boys and I did have a great day out, after I cleaned up all of the broken things and shed those previously mentioned tears.  We shopped, watched snow flurries, and went for milkshakes, because clearly that's the logical thing to when it's really cold and snowing.

On Friday, when all the crazy people were out early waiting in line for black Friday deals, we headed up to an antique mall to meet my grandparents and load up the most amazing piece of furniture.  There's a bit of a back story here.  My grandma and I saw this cabinet the previous weekend and it was love at first sight.  My grandma, who is so stinkin' clever, always carries a tape measure.  I wrote down the measurements and the price, took pictures, immediately started brainstorming where I could possibly fit one more piece of furniture in my house, and rehearsed my presentation to Donnie.  I ended up paying for the cabinet over the phone, because I was so anxious someone else would buy it.  I spent the better part of Friday afternoon arranging some of our toys on its shelves and filling the drawers with video games and DVDs.

It's hard to get a really good picture of the cabinet, because it's in a pretty dark corner of the room and I had to use my iPhone, but here it is!

1 comment: