Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Camp Tumbleweeds

Maps to our home for the weekend!
I think I should start this post by thanking my sweet friends and family members who put up with my ridiculous anxiety over this trip, because there were definitely some moments of panic over spending a weekend away with strangers.  Everyone reassured me that it would be fine and I would have fun, but that doesn't even begin to explain the amazing time I had or the amazing people I got to spend that time with.  I'm going to break up the weekend into a few posts, because I took loads of pictures and we did so much!  I'll start off with the beautiful home where we stayed.  It was right along the river, so we had an amazing view!
See those great huge windows?!  That room is where we ate breakfast, so we always had the river as our backdrop.
I could have definitely spent more time swinging on the pier!
We paddled almost seven miles on this river!

There ended up being just five of us campers and the ever so awesome Beca and Doug.  I seriously cannot say enough good things about them!  Being welcomed by a hug from Beca, I instantly felt at ease like hugging an old friend.  The other ladies were great too and I think we all felt pretty comfortable with each other right away.  We all stayed up until 2am chatting on the first night!  It was truly a weekend where we did so much, but somehow always managed to stay pretty relaxed.  It was just what I needed after feeling so anxious and being a little burnt out on work.  Stay tuned for more from the weekend, but for now, I'll leave you with a photo of the feast Beca prepared for us on our first night.  Prepare to drool!!

grilled pizzas, cucumber basil salad, pickled okra, pickled beets, and lemonade-all so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment