Tuesday, January 14, 2014

You can do it!


This is a bit of graffiti we saw while walking on the Appalachian Trail and I've decided it will be my motto this year.  I haven't been completely honest with myself lately and it took a visit to my family doctor to realize that.  Taking care of myself has fallen sort of low on my list of priorities and my depression has crept back up again.  I think I felt some disappointment in myself.  I had been doing so well for a long time and then I just sort of got lazy.  I stopped exercising, haven't seen my counselor, and you've probably noticed I've seriously avoided blogging.  I've started slowly working on myself again; I've stopped eating my stress and emotions away, I've been busying myself with activities I enjoy like reading and crafting, and, as always, I lean on my amazing friends and family for some extra support.  I'm trying to find the motivation to start exercising again, because that will help loads, and I know I need to make a counseling appointment.  Everyone can benefit from some good counseling!  It feels good to get that all out and it definitely feels good to be back.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on the road back to your old self - have a great day, Molly!

    ReplyDelete