Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Book Worm

I bought myself a Kindle Fire recently and it's made me remember how much I utterly enjoy getting sucked into a good book!  I used to spend a lot of time reading, but these days I mostly stick to children's books.  I'm already on my fifth and sixth (I'm going back and forth between a novel and some short stories) books of the year and thought I would share some of the books I've enjoyed.  You can follow me on Goodreads to see what I'm reading and I always welcome suggestions for new books! 

The Aviary by Kathleen O'Dell is the kind of book that I think I most enjoy reading, a sort of wonderful fairytales.  It's laced with magical elements and involves a mystery that is left to be solved by Clara, the books main character, a young girl who's been shut-in her whole life. 

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman- How have I never read any of Mr. Gaiman's books before now?!  Considering he's married to one of my absolute idols and is responsible for one of my very favorite Doctor Who episodes, you would have thought I'd already be a huge fan!  Well I certainly am now and will definitely be checking out some of his other stories.  This is another book I'd describe as a wonderful fairytale!

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut is a book I was sure I had read in high school, but I think I must have been mistaken.  I would have remembered a story about a time traveling soldier!  I really loved this story and will add more Vonnegut books to my library soon.  I'm sure this book falls on a list of books everyone should read, so better late than never!


1 comment:

  1. Fifth and sixth books of the year! Wow!! I am on my second!

    ReplyDelete