Friday, January 31, 2014

We all need a break sometimes.

I spent all of last week at home, both due to snow and to a nasty cold that I haven't quite been able to shake.  By Friday, I was ready to get out of the house!  Donnie took the weekend off, our boys stayed with grandparent's, and we had a little weekend getaway to snowy Lancaster, easily one of my favorite nearby destinations.  We braved the cold to do a bit of shopping and antique browsing, consumed lots of delicious food and warm coffee, and enjoyed two uninterrupted nights of sleep!  I think most parents can appreciate that last one, right?

This lovely grand building is a four story antique store that was formerly a mill.  It was my favorite part of our trip, mostly thanks to the sweet lady who runs the shop.  She was so friendly and gave us tips for other good antique and thrift stores to visit.  This place is definitely worth checking out!  You can find more information here.
This is actually the view behind the antique store.  When you put aside the whole having to shovel and cleaning off cars, snow is really quite beautiful!
There is no shortage of farm animals in the Lancaster area, but these guys were extra cute!  I made Donnie turn around, so I could get a photo.  I had to resist the urge to run over and hug each of them, although I probably would have gotten kicked before I made it that close!
I'm ending this post with a photo of the seriously amazing Nutty Elsie's Pie from The Kling House Restaurant.  This slice of heaven is a cross between a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie and pecan pie.  Delicious! 

2 comments:

  1. It's early morning and my mouth is watering - pie - yumm!!

    ReplyDelete