Friday, January 9, 2015

Resolution

Have any of you made resolutions for the new year?  I know it's sort of a cliche and I'm not certain that people do a great job at sticking to them, but I thought I would give it a go.  There's something I'm not always very good at.  I can be quite the harsh critic and I'm notorious for comparing myself to others and dwelling on the negative, instead of recognizing my accomplishments and positive attributes.  I'm also not always great at self care, things like exercising, eating well, and getting enough rest.  So this year, I will be kind to myself.  I like that this is vague and that is on purpose, because I want it to encompass a lot.  I want it to include a journey back to being healthy and physically in shape, giving myself compliments on things I often ignore when focusing on the negative, and taking time to do little things like paint my nails, enjoy a good book and a cup of tea.  I think as far as resolutions go, this is a pretty manageable one and, although it will sometimes be a challenge for me, I think I can stick to it!  Good luck sticking to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment