Thursday, October 3, 2013

Yummy Stuffed Pockets

Whenever I'm really feeling bored with dinners, I go to Pinterest.  I've been looking for food ideas there a lot lately and found a recipe I had pinned awhile ago for avocado, cream cheese, and salsa stuffed puff pastries.  You can find the original recipe here, as well as way better food photos than you will ever find on this blog, but I sort of did my own thing and wasn't too careful with measurements.  The result was pretty tasty, so I thought I'd share my version which I have renamed to yummy stuffed pockets.  Catchy, right?  Okay, I promise these taste better than my silly title sounds!


Here's what you need-
  • 1 sheet of puff pastry 
  • 1 ripe avocado, mashed
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • sour cream and extra salsa for topping, optional
The original instructions call for the puff pastry to be cut into enough pieces to make several small pockets.  I simply cut mine into four squares to make two big pockets, one for me and one for Don.  Mix the avocado, salsa, and cream cheese together in a bowl.  Split the mixture between two of the squares of puff pastry.  Top with the other two squares.  Press around the sides with a fork to seal the pockets.  Brush each pocket with the egg and bake on a cookie sheet sprayed with oil for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  Top with sour cream and salsa and enjoy!  I think next time I will add some vegetarian chicken strips and black beans!


No comments:

Post a Comment