Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Collections ~ Momiji

This is definitely one of my cutest collections!  Momiji are little wooden dolls and sort of a modern twist on Japanese kokeshi dolls.  I have a small collection of those too, but that's for another time!  There is a little slot in the bottom of each of these dolls with a secret message tucked inside.  I love that each doll has a name and a list of interests or likes.  This is one of my smaller collections, but I have a pretty long wish list of dolls I'd like to add!  You can find out more about Momiji here.





4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these before - they look pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first found them at a little toy store in Tennessee. They were marked down super cheap, because the owner said they didn't sell. Lucky for me I suppose!

      Delete
  2. Super cute, I love that they look like Kokeshi dolls :) Have you seen the hello kitty ones? I have just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any of the Hello Kitty ones, but they are super cute!!

      Delete