Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Sweetest Moments - Dinnertime


Donnie works a little over an hour away, so he usually doesn't get home until 6pm or later.  The boys don't always like to wait that late for their dinner, so I typically feed them and then wait for Don to get home to have our dinner.  I cherish this time with my boys.  I feel like mealtime is stressful for a lot of parents, but I think it's a pretty relaxed time for us.  We don't rush it or really force anyone to eat.  Oscar usually talks to me about his toys and his day and Ben makes funny noises and claps his hands.  We sing silly songs, share bites of food, and enjoy each others company.  I think these are moments that families take for granted.  Our lives are busy and it seems like everything happens at a fast pace.  It's nice to slow down and enjoy simple things sometimes, which is the point of today's post.  It's amazing how something as ordinary as dinnertime can make me forget the stress of the life and the mess of toys strewn all over the house.  I know the time will come when my boys have activities, school functions, and plans with friends that will prevent us from sitting down together, but for now, I will be grateful for our moments around the table.




No comments:

Post a Comment