Thursday, October 15, 2015

That One Time Of Year When I Actually Get Serious

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may remember that I organized an Instagram auction last October in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.  You probably have also caught on that this is a cause that is of particular importance to me.  My experiences growing up have sort of steered me here and are most definitely why I choose to help people for a living.  In a perfect world, I wouldn't have this job.  There wouldn't be a need for it.  However, the world isn't quite perfect and this cause needs more attention.  I bet you know someone who has experienced domestic violence. Maybe you've even experienced it yourself.  Numbers sometimes vary, especially considering that domestic violence often goes unreported, but around 1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men experience abuse in their intimate relationships.  That's pretty astounding!  There is help out there, but small agencies like mine seem to struggle to find the funds to really keep up with the demand.  We rely heavily on donations, both monetary and otherwise, to stay afloat.  This auction is my way of helping the agency as a whole which in turn benefits my clients and our future clients.  I've had some great people message me with donations for the auction, but I'd love to have more help and make this auction even more successful than last year.  I'm aiming for the very end of October, so there's still time to help.  If you'd like to donate an item to be auctioned off, please email me at mollyeallen@gmail.com for more details. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment