Monday, April 13, 2015

Wild Moccasins

Last Friday night Donnie and I drove to Baltimore to watch Stars play.  They are absolutely one of my favorite bands, so I was super stoked to see them live.  The venue is one we really like, because there are seats up on the second level.  We call it the old people section and it's usually where you'll find us, but the entire second level was closed off.  I didn't mind standing for the whole show, because usually I was busy dancing and loudly singing along!  The show happened to fall on the same night as the Orioles' first home game of the season, so the crowd was much smaller than I've ever seen there.  The Orioles lost that game and most of Baltimore missed out on an amazing show.  The dynamics between the band's two singers was just incredible and they put on such a great show.  I am always absolutely floored when I see a band and they sound just as solid and good live as they do on their recordings.

I'm sure I could go on about Stars forever, but the real point of this post is to share the opening band, Wild Moccasins.  We got to the show partway through their set and I'll admit was more distracted by the female singer's super fierce outfit.  She was absolutely the cutest, rocking these great turquoise leggings and a fun gold dress, and she moved around on stage like it was what she was born to do.  I don't know if I quite picked up on this seeing them live, but listening to their recorded music, I get a real Blondie or Talking Heads sort of 80s vibe. I'll shut up now and let you listen for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment