Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Birthday, Oscar!

My firstborn turns five today and I know it's cliche, but where does the time go?!  I can't even begin to describe how happy I was the moment I first laid eyes on my little guy. We found out I was pregnant with Oscar just a few months after I had a miscarriage, so we were beyond excited and after hearing his heartbeat for the first time, the fears from my first pregnancy were gone and we were smitten.  We knew he would be called Oscar, as soon as we saw the first sonogram pictures, and now I can't imagine him with any other name.  Although the most famous Oscar is quite the grouch, our Oscar was such a sweet and easy baby from the start.  
He doesn't look so happy here, but he was the happiest baby I ever met!
I'm not sad that my children are growing up, because I love seeing the people they are becoming.  Oscar is still so sweet and happy.  He's such a compassionate and kind soul, except for those rare moments with his little brother.  I love seeing how much we have in common too.  Oscar is so not a morning person, loves chocolate, and is always up for crafty time.  We took him to the zoo over the weekend, because he clearly shares his daddy's love of animals and today we plan on visiting a potato chip factory, so Oscar can see how a real live factory works.  That was his request.  There will definitely be some cake and balloons in there too! Here's to the birthday boy!
The birthday boy with his favorite stuffed animal, Purple Dog, and his sidekick, Benny, at the zoo this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment