Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekend Getaway


Last weekend Donnie and I took a trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.  For living in Pennsylvania, we haven't actually explored our home state as much as I'd like, so I was happy to stay a little closer to home.  We had a really lovely time and did a lot of fun exploring and shopping and eating, of course!  I took a lot of pictures of my two favorite parts of the trip, Lititz and the National Christmas Center, so I will split them up in their own posts.  If anyone lives close by and hasn't visited Lancaster yet, I'd recommend that you do so soon!

We didn't eat here, but I made Donnie stop so I could take a photo!

Amish Stuff apparently means pretty tacky souvenirs and some random wooden furniture!



We spent a bit of time walking around Stoudtburg Village which is made to look like a little European village and is really beautiful.  We were surprised to find it mostly deserted.  We couldn't even find someone to take a picture of us together, hence me standing all by myself in front of that pretty fountain!  There were some neat little shops and the shopkeepers were so friendly.  Apparently most of them live above the shops, although we were told that some rent out the space.  There's an entire house there that can be rented by the night.  Wouldn't this be such a lovely place to stay?






I'll be back tomorrow with some more pictures of our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment