Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crustless Spinach Pie

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I made two pies for the December crafternoon.  They were really simple to make, but were both pretty tasty.  I actually made the spinach pie for dinner on Monday night and have been enjoying the reheated leftovers.  The preparation is next to nothing and I think that this is one of those dishes to which you could easily add some extra ingredients to switch things up.  I added some garlic powder to it this last time that just added a bit of extra flavor.  Enjoy!

Crustless Spinach Pie

  • 12 oz bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained (I use paper towels to squeeze out the excess liquid.)
  • 2 c fat free cottage cheese
  • 8 oz shredded cheese (I used a cheddar blend.)
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 tbsp flour
Combine the spinach, cottage cheese, and shredded cheese.  Combine the eggs and flour in a separate bowl.  Combine both mixtures and pour into a lightly oiled dish.  I found that this was too much to fit in my pie plates, so I used a round casserole dish.  Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  I like to keep mine in a little longer than 45 minutes, so the top and edges get brown, like in the picture below.  How simple is that?!  Let it cool a bit and then dig in!!

original recipe found here

No comments:

Post a Comment