Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Candy Japan

I've made it pretty clear that I'm a sucker for subscription boxes.  They are a great way to try out products and to get happy surprises in the mail.  Candy Japan is one I've been thinking about for awhile, so I was pretty happy when I received a sample box to review.  For $25, you will get bi-monthly shipments of candy and snacks from Japan and you can expect to get between two to six items each month.  There were four different items in my box and I was pleased with the variety and the size of each item.  There was more than enough for the boys and I to sample!  Here's what I got-
These were the most popular among the three of us.  First of all, look at the adorable packaging!  The candies are cute too- little egg, tadpole, and frog gummies!  They are apple and grape flavored and the one item that we all agreed was yummy!
I don't speak or read Japanese, so I'm guessing these candies are ramune flavored.  I loved their chewy texture and slightly fruity sweet taste!  Oscar thought they were tasty too, but Benny promptly spit his into a napkin.  Two out of three ain't bad!
I wish I had gotten a better photo of the item on the left, but I ate them all pretty quickly!  They were like little crunchy pretzel sticks, but tasted just like low mein.  So yummy!  The boys disagreed, but I was okay with that!  Lastly, we tried the Calorie Mate Block.  I've seen this before, but this was the first time I've tried it.  It was chocolate flavored and really very tense and dry.  I get that it's something sort of filling to eat on the go, but I could only eat one bite.  It was just a bit too dry and chalky for me.  Oscar liked these chocolate "cookies", though, and Benny had lost interest by this point, so Oscar finished them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment