Friday, December 14, 2012

Cannoli Pie

So here is the other pie recipe I said I would share.  This one is super easy too and although you could definitely make your own pie crusts for this one, I went with store bought graham cracker crusts.  Honestly, I don't even think you really need crusts.  Just eat this right out of the bowl!  Well, okay, you may want to pour this filling into crusts of your choice, but don't judge me if you spot me eating it this right out of the mixing bowl with a giant spoon!  This recipe makes enough filling for two pies, so share with a friend!


Cannoli Pie
  • 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 c milk
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1/2 c chocolate chips (I used mini chips.)
  • 1/4 c sliced almonds
  • 1 pt whipping cream, whipped
Blend pudding mix, cream cheese, milk, and almond extract using a mixer.  Stir in the chocolate chips and sliced almonds.  Divide into two pie shells.   Top each pie with whipped cream and garnish with more chocolate chips.  The original recipe, found here, calls for cherries, but I left those out.  As I type this, though, I'm thinking cherries sound good.  Let me know if you try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment