Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Fall Food Favorites

The cooler weather we've had recently has made me crave warm soups and savory pumpkin dishes.  I tried two easy recipes last week that satisfied both of those cravings and were pretty darn delicious.  Unfortunately, I only remembered to take photos of one of the two dishes.  I'll share that recipe, but here's a link to the dish I didn't photograph- skillet pumpkin lasagna.

Tomato Tortellini Soup

9 oz. tortellini (I used a spinach and cheese tortellini, but any would do!)
2 cans condensed tomato soup
2 c. vegetable broth
2 c. milk
2 c. half & half
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese

Cook the tortellini according to the instructions.  Combine the remaining ingredients in a large pot, except for the cheese, and stir frequently.  Once heated, add the drained tortellini and stir in the cheese.

This recipe makes a enough for leftovers and I thought it was even better reheated the next day.  You can find the original recipe here.  I suggest eating it with some warm delicious bread!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment