Thursday, September 5, 2013

Birthday Paintings

I've had a stack of blank canvases in my craft room for ages.  I used to really enjoy painting and drawing, but it's not something I seem to ever do anymore.  After giving my craft room a good cleaning, I decided I needed to spend some time in there and try to get creativity back!  There's a sweet friend on Instagram whose daughter, Emma, has a birthday coming up.  She recently posted that she was looking for some "2" themed items for her daughter's second birthday and I knew that she also had been gathering a collection of "E" related items for her.  I thought it would be nice to make Emma something for her big upcoming birthday and it was a good excuse to use some of those sad blank canvases!  Now I'm no Leonardo da Vinci or Miss Van, if you prefer modern art, but I don't think I did too bad for my first time picking up a paint brush in years!  I hope Emma and her mommy think they're alright too!

So I know this isn't technically a painting, but I'm good at gluing things and didn't want to start off too big!

This little elephant is meant to look like an "E" and is obviously ready to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment