Wednesday, June 3, 2015

One Last Celebration

Last Saturday I had my final celebration for my 35th birthday, thanks to my best pal, Heidi.  When I couldn't actually decide what I wanted to do for my birthday this year, she agreed to throw me a little party.  I don't think anyone's thrown me a party since I was a child, but Heidi is extra sweet and she's a great hostess.  I loved that it was an excuse to get all dolled up, eat lots of yummy food, and hang out with some of my very best friends.  It was like crafternoon without a craft and all of the gifts were for me!
I requested party foods, so Heidi had a great spread of snacks and dips.  She even went as far as recreating one of my favorite cocktails, huckleberry lemonade!
Our sweet friend, Page, made that amazing cake.  It's her delicious yellow cake with an old fashioned sour cream icing and lots of shredded coconut.  I wish I had some right now!  I may do a separate post with my gifts.  I was absolutely spoiled by my gals!  Now that I think about it, I was absolutely spoiled all around for this birthday.  I had a full week of celebrating that included lots of delicious meals, tons of quality time alone and with family, and the cutest new dress from my sweet dad.  My 35th year is off to a great start!

2 comments:

  1. that is so great! Heidi seems like the ultimate hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete