Saturday, June 27, 2015

American Celebration On Parade

If you haven't read yesterday's post, you may want to start there.  This is sort of a continuation of that post on Shenandoah Caverns.  I've never been to any major parades and sure I've seen them on TV, but I don't think I really grasped the size of parade floats.  They were all so grand and magnificent!  
Look how happy that clown is for us to be visiting!  It's a nice little walk from the caverns to the museum, complete with an amazing view.
Just as with the store displays, many of these floats are animated.  The bears on this float moved about and were really cute.
Many of the floats and displays in the museum were used during presidential inaugurations, so there was a really great patriotic theme throughout much of the building.
I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, but these swans were so amazing and the turtles were covered with various pine cone pieces.  I can only imagine the amount of work that went into these!
My photos don't even begin to do this attraction justice.  I believe the words, "Is this what heaven looks like?" were muttered upon entering.
So last, but not least, is The Yellow Barn where you can taste wine, buy local items, and see even more amazing displays and antiques.  I highly recommend the Shenandoah Brand apple candy with pecans and the little fried hand pies kept by the cash register!  We bought two bottles of wine too, but we haven't had a chance to try them yet.  I'm sure they're delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment