Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Florida Memories

I still have lots of pictures of Florida to share, but I wanted to space them out a little bit.  I am missing my brother like crazy and stretching out the posts seem to help with that, in some strange way.  One of my favorite things to do in Florida was to just sit on my brother's back porch with his pups and my Kindle, ice tea in hand, dad and Jamie talking about various sports, and the quiet breeze keeping us cool.  My brother's backyard is surrounded by lots of trees and shrubbery on either side There always seem to be lots of birds chirping and singing and a ton of tiny lizards and colorful insects I chased about trying to photograph, usually with at least one little dog trailing closely behind.  At the very end of his yard is a fence with a gate that leads to a big pond.  He said the pond was completely dry when they first moved in, but the rain has kept it filled over the years.  The sad crumbling dock beside the pond tells me that it used to be much bigger. Each time I visit, I mean to get a closer look, but I never get around to it.  Maybe next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment