Friday, October 16, 2015

Crafterween

It feels like a very long time since I've done a crafternoon post.  Heidi took a bit of a break hosting and asked for others to take turns with hosting duties.  I've missed a few months and was too busy to host my own, but Heidi returned as host this month and I made sure I could attend.  We did Halloween stencils, on everything from tote bags to tissue box covers, and I think everyone's projects turned out great.  It definitely gave me a new found love of stenciling!  Because it was crafterween, there were lots of treats, mostly baked by Heidi's son, and an assortment of fun costumes.  I went as a sort of grown up Louise Belcher, because I think we have pretty similar personalities and it was a pretty easy last minute costume.  You can see more photos from this month's event here, on Heidi's blog!
 It didn't seem right that Louise would ever be a fan of ironing, so I left my dress a bit wrinkly!  My grandma made my hat and sent me the most hilarious photo of my grandpa modeling it.  Do you see those baked goods in the top photo?!  Delicious!!  And of course Heidi has a Halloween tree!
My finished projects included a small paper mache trinket box, a cardboard shadowbox, and a linen canvas.  I plan on decorating them all further and giving them as gifts to my Halloween loving family members!

1 comment:

  1. It seems you had a great time. That hat suits you really well. You look so cutie)

    ReplyDelete