Wednesday, July 9, 2014

June Crafternoon

I have to admit that I don't know the first thing about yarn or knitting or anything else related to the two, so I wasn't super excited about this month's activity of dying  wool yarn.  It ended up being a really neat process, though, and I think I want to dye more!  Using just Kool-Aid, food coloring, and vinegar, we got some seriously beautiful results  I'm actually looking forward to learning how to knit or crochet at this month's crafternoon, so I can put my yarn to good use!

The two yarns on the right are mine.  I managed to get my hands clean after the event, but my nails still have a bit of green!  Did I mention that it was also a pie party?!  I made a pistachio pudding pie with a toasted coconut crust and a mocha frappe pie.  Both were pretty darn delicious!

Look at that amazing array of delicious pies!!!

4 comments:

  1. Pie Party?! Yarn dying! I so wish I could teleport and crash a crafternoon! Dallas needs to be closer to PA, just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to start a traveling crafternoon!

      Delete