Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Recent Finds

Our local thrift shops have been so picked over and sad lately.  A few have seriously raised their prices on anything they deem to be antique or collectible too.  The antique shops in the area have actually been a much better source for cute and affordable vintage items.  Here are few goodies I've found lately-

 I have a thing for animals with carts and wheelbarrows.  They're just somehow cuter than empty-handed animals!
 I like to think that this deer is a bit snobby and is turning her nose up at whatever I choose to put in this cute planter.  I can appreciate a little snootiness.
 See what I mean?!  He's a million times cuter than just a regular old bear!
 I rarely leave behind fun vintage cookbooks, especially when they are three for a dollar!
 I wonder if this pig would be cuter if he had a cart.  Just kidding, he's freaking adorable!
I know I recently sold about forty vintage rubber toys, but this one was a keeper!  He's front and center in my little display of vintage circus items, like an adorable furry ringmaster!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I have that Chiquita book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I firmly agree that animals + are bajillions times cuter. The top favorite planters in my collection are a chipmunk with a TV & a seal with a french horn. And the pigs on the pig jar are holding little hobo sticks btw. lol sooooo yeah, to summarize. CUTE AS HELL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those planters sound so stinking cute!!

      Delete