Thursday, May 14, 2015

Books To Beat Boredom!


This is the second book in The Paper Magician Series.  You can read my review of the first book in this post.  I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so this sequel had a lot to live up to!  I think it did a great job of picking right back up where the first book left off and, for me, the story was just as strong.  The third book in this series comes out next month and I am so looking forward to it.  I love all the elements of magic this series has to offer and the attention the author has paid to really describing the different manipulations and spells that go into each type of magic!


I think I can best sum up my feelings for this book by saying that I stayed up until 2am on a weeknight to finish this book, after starting it earlier in the evening.  I am truly a sucker for a good fairytale and just tend to really enjoy fantasy and magic.  This book has it all!  There are so many great quotable lines from this book and I particularly like this one- "Sometimes the plainest of things conceal the most unimaginable wonders..."  This quote really applies to the main character, Clara, who instead of being overshadowed by so many of the fantastic people and creatures of the book, really shines as a strong heroine.


I haven't actually finished this one yet, but I'm really enjoying the stories so far.  Each story is self contained, so it's been easy to pick this one up whenever I have a spare moment.  I have to say, I really didn't think much of nuns before starting this book.  I didn't think their work extended outside of the church, so I was quite surprised and these ladies have definitely been serving as great inspiration.  If you're one of those people who want to change the world (me), you will love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment