Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer Eating

I have to admit, I'm more a fall weather kind of girl.  I do love all the salads and refreshing foods of summer, though.  We always eat lighter this summer, but I've found myself trying out some new recipes and making healthier choices than in previous years.  Here's a look at some of what we've been enjoying and links to the two salads pictured below.

We do this often, fresh fruit, veggies, and mozzarella, warm crusty bread, and veggie meatballs.

This cornbread salad is one of my new favorites.  I ate it all week long!  You can find the recipe here, although I think I will add a second can of black beans next time.

The recipe for this Mediterranean white bean salad came from the same site as the cornbread salad and was just as delicious.  Check out Budget Bytes for lots of great recipes!

These are my eggplant stacks.  I'm sure I got the idea somewhere, but I don't use an actual recipe.  I just grill some veggies, slice some mozzarella, bake some sliced polenta, layer those ingredients, and top it all with marinara.  It's easy and one of those things you can adjust to everyone's tastes!
What have you all been enjoying this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment